An Earth Data Scientist is required to spearhead development of the machine and deep learning activities within the Geo-Information group.
You will lead the scientific development of new products and applications that use statistics, analytics and machine learning to optimise efficiency and performance.
The company is investing heavily in relevant technology and offer the opportunity to be involved in exciting project work within the space sector with scope for further progression and upskilling.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Defining / developing SAR-based services and/or technology based upon user requirements
- Working with customers to establish Geo-Information based needs
- Developing prototype and proof of concept systems to demonstrate business need
- Support business development activities from initial customer requirements through to final proposal generation
- Continuous improvements to automated data handling tools
- Supporting bid activities
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in mathematics, computer science or equivalent
- Commercial experience or advanced degree/PhD, in data science
- Strong computer literacy skills, including coding experience in Python
- Experience with machine and deep learning, particularly the development and optimisation of neural networks
- Experience of using statistical or data analytics techniques
- Interest in, and enthusiasm for, climate, environment or Earth observation science
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of Earth observation, particularly SAR data
- Experience of deploying machine learning applications to local and cloud infrastructures
- An interest in applying data science techniques to spatial datasets
- Understanding of sound data management and adhering to corporate standards
- Computing experience of the Linux operating system
- Inventiveness and problem solving skills
- Desire to be a team player capable of working with staff at all levels, alongside the ability to work independently
- Self-starter and effective time management, with particular skills in multitasking
- Good communicator
- Commercial awareness
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 1st March 2019
Location of the position is Luton, UK
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application