An experienced Galileo Systems Engineer with Project Management capability to work onsite at SpaceOpal on behalf of Telespazio VEGA.
To provide a high quality support to Galileo Service Operations.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties and main tasks may include but not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the Evolutions team staff and activities
- Providing Engineering support over Galileo assets and services (UNCLA/ CLA, both for Core infrastructure and External Services) e.g. on issues found during the validation or operations phase, or on configuration change processes or in assessing design/service evolutions from the Design Authority (DA)
- Promoting the required Engineering information transfer and awareness across all other GSOp teams
- Overseeing the overall System and Service operational preparation and validation of new infrastructure/assets deployed on Galileo, the related planning, execution and reporting of activities and ultimately ensuring suitability for providing services
- In the context of System/Service Evolutions, promoting and following-up engineering specifications and developments for infrastructure and service improvements as originated directly from SPO or from GSOp partners and monitoring the follow-on developments and the formal iterations with the final Customer and DA
- Identifying possible areas of optimization proposing synergies between external services or between external services and internal processes
- Monitoring System and Segment on-site I&V campaigns as led by Customer/DA, overseeing the coordination of resources and ensuring contribution by GSOp teams to the related outcomes of the campaigns for the benefit of operations and Service provision
- Providing high-level technical management of SPO subcontractors and suppliers in the execution of their activities
- Preparing technical / compliance documentation as and when required for any of the above
- Coordinating closely with other SPO internal teams (e.g. Service Delivery, ILS/Maintenance, External Services, Security Engineering), liaising effectively with other GSOp partners and interfacing with Galileo stakeholders (final Customer, DA, providers from Industry, etc.) as required for the provision of any of the above
- Contributing to SPO’s business expansion by supporting contractual change proposals and bidding processes as and when required
Qualifications / Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in relevant technical field
- Solid experience in Operations engineering and management
- Have experience and background in Satellite Navigation and related mission services engineering
- Have knowledge and experience in Security and related processes
- Have experience in managing technical teams
- Experience and background specific to GALILEO or EGNOS programmes
- Experience and background in Ground Systems AIV or Operations
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Demonstrate resilience, energy and flexibility
- Logical method of working
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 31st November 2018.
Location of the position is Munich, Germany.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application