An opportunity for an experienced Engineer with Configuration Management to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESAC.
To develop and maintain CM (including documentation management) plan applicable to the specific mission/project.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
Service specific Configuration Management and Quality Assurance tasks in support to the Development, Validation and Operation activities at DPAC consortium Level:
- Maintenance of CM documentation, including Configuration Management Plan, Configuration Item List
- Maintaining baseline and supporting development activities using SVN versioning tool, Nexus library management tools
- Maintaining JIRA configuration and supporting the teams in its use
- Preparing periodically Quality Assurance Assessment on development activities
- Support Test and validation activities
- Report periodically to the PA responsible
- Carry out configuration management of all software products development mainly at ESAC
- Organize CCB with development teams
- Attend progress meeting
- Maintain validation and operational environments at ESAC
- Maintain the relevant tools for CM activities, e.g., JIRA for issue tracking, SVN for software management, Jenkins for continuous integrations.
- Deploy new software when required
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc or equivalent in a scientific or technical subject
Relevant professional experience of several years in:
- Project Support activities, Configuration management, Organisation of meetings, IT web based technologies and WINDOWS / MAC systems, Elaboration of management and technical documentation
- Good knowledge of project management standards and concepts
- Good knowledge of standard configuration control methods and practices
- Good knowledge of configuration control tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Possess excellent communications skills. Be able to document their work.
- Feel comfortable in an international working environment and be fluent in English; a high level of written and spoken English is essential.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
The following would be desirable:
- Knowledge of space Science Missions
- Knowledge of ESA Standards, Frameworks and Tools
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: ESAC, nr. Madrid, Spain
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.