An opportunity for an experienced Electronic Engineer with hands-on experience in the design, engineering and testing of electronic circuits, to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESTEC
To provide support in the hands-on design and manufacture of electronics as required for to laboratory based validation activities in support of the development of the instrumentation for future space science missions. The majority of the validation activities take place during the assessment and definition phases of the missions.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Design of low-noise analogue and digital electronics as required for the implementation of payload validation activities. This aspect of the work has a particular emphasis on imaging detector read-out electronics
- Manufacturing and test of electronic circuits
- Supporting electronic system, components and electro-optical sensor characterisations in the sections laboratories
- Development of firmware and instrument control and readout software
The secondary tasks include:
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the technical infrastructure needed to validate payload technologies
- Generally supporting department activities; contributing to the elaboration and implementation of the Science Programme technology development plans
- Evaluation of proposals in response to calls for missions, participation in reviews, payload expertise in support of system studies
Qualifications / Experience
- Master or PhD or equivalent in electronics engineering.
- Several years of hands-on academic and/or industrial experience in the design, manufacturing, testing and performance analysis of noise-optimised electronic circuits, preferably in the space domain.
- Demonstrable expertise in low-noise analogue, high-speed digital techniques and mixed-signal circuits, preferably in the field of image sensors, is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience with such electronic designs and relevant PCB CAD and simulation tools.
- Knowledge of space science instrumentation technology, electro-optical characterisation, cryogenics, and/or the design considerations for space-based payloads would be an asset.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.