An opportunity for an experienced embedded systems engineer to work in the Flight Software Systems Section on-site at ESA/ESTEC.
To provide support to Earth Observation Projects on the implementation and verification and validation of Flight Software.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Within the Flight Software Systems Section, support is provided to the Earth Observation projects (EOP) of the current and future ESA Earth Observation missions, e.g. Sentinel1, Sentinel2, Sentinel3, EarthCare, MTG. Support is also provided to Science missions such as BepiColombo, Solar Orbiter, and JUICE.
- This support includes monitoring and supporting the implementation, verification and validation of Flight Software.
- The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and shall function as an integrated team member of the development team, in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
- Emulators characterisation.
- Interface adaptations between SVF and Test Bench models.
- Adaptation and upgrade ATB EagleEye mission to Time and Space Partitions (TSP) and multicore configurations.
- Integration of TSP based system execution environment.
- Supporting integration of Multicore based system execution environment.
- Support dedicated projects SVF infrastructure development including processor simulator.
Qualifications / Experience
- A PhD or MSc or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Space Systems Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- In particular experience with:
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming.
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others.
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels.
- Unix based systems.
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc.
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN).
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- Knowledge of Space Systems and Space System Engineering will be an asset.
- The contractor shall be able to function as part of a team. Because of the
- operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
- Experience with operational software development will be an advantage.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Software engineering.
- Programming language: C and debugging skills (gdb).
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels (RTEMS).
- Methods for validation and unit testing.
- Experience with embedded real-time software development
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th May 2019.
Location of the position is ESTEC, The Netherlands.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
By sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application.