An opportunity for an experienced Electromagnetics Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide Functional Support in EMC engineering to ESA’s Projects throughout all phases of Project life Cycle, with review, analysis and assessment of test results.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Witness EMC tests and perform tests in the TEC-EPE EMC lab
- Act as support to ESA Payload Safety Review Panel for safety and EMC
- Definition and assessment of EMC requirements at both System and Equipment level
- Definition and assessment of EMC test and verification procedures of spacecraft equipment and systems
- Electromagnetic and circuital analyses
- Assessment of EMC test results, EMC non-conformances and Request for Waivers
- Troubleshooting activities for spacecraft equipment and system exhibiting electromagnetic interference
- Active participation to Spacecraft or payloads Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Flight Acceptance Reviews (FAR)
Qualifications / Experience
- PhD or MSc or equivalent inElectrical Engineering with proven industrial experience in spacecraft
- Background and experience in EMC as well as Lab testing for EMC
- Expertise in EMC analysis and testing through industrial experience
- Expertise in using Matlab for data processing and evaluation
- EMC system and equipment engineering
- Acquaintance with both Industrial EMC practices and the Agency review processes
- Good English language skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and the ability to work comfortably in a diverse, multinational team environment
- Self-motivation, communication, continuous learning, cross-cultural sensitivity
- Teamwork / team spirit
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.