An exciting opportunity for an experienced AIT/AIV Engineer to work for Telespazio VEGA onsite at ESTEC within the TEC-SWM.
To support the EarthCARE satellite project with all AIT/AIV requirements.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Participation in the Review of the documentation related to the Instruments and Satellite AIT/AIV (e.g. plans, test specifications, test procedures) and participate in the Verification Control document evaluation;
- Monitoring and control of system level test activities (e.g participation to test reviews, test readiness, test boards, NRBs, attendance to test execution) and the instruments integration and testing on the spacecraft.
Provide AIT reports as required;
- Monitoring and control of the industrial activities related to the maintenance of the ground support equipment, including the instrument AIT/AIV and corresponding ground support equipment as well as their adequacy to support System Level Verification;
- Support to Satellite, Instruments Reviews in the areas of EGSE, AIT and AIV;
- Support to the launch campaign preparation, monitoring and control of all integration and test activities at the launch site;
- Early identification of problem areas and support to their resolution;
- Support the review and definition of the in flight and on-ground calibration and characterisation activities from an EGSE/AIT viewpoint.
- In the execution of his tasks, the AIT/AIV/EGSE Engineer will liaise closely with other members of the EarthCARE AIV section and the rest of the EarthCARE project. In performing his tasks, he will be further supported by experts from the Technical Directorate as required.
- The function will require availability of the incumbent to witness tests and to participate to AIT activities for relative long periods abroad (incl. Japan), up to several months in the case of the satellite launch campaign.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good experience in system testing and payloads functional tests would constitute an additional asset.
- A proven ability to work in a project team with a sense of cooperation and negotiation with colleagues at ESA or within Industry is also required.
- Six years of professional experience, including in functional AIT of spacecrafts are mandatory.
- Knowledge of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
- Be able to function as part of a team
- A proactive and flexible attitude will be required
- An ability to work independently and to establish good working relations
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is: 4th December 2017
Location of the position is: ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.