An opportunity for an experienced System Engineer to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK.
To provide support in the D/TEC Directorate in the CubeSat Project in the area of Demonstration Projects or CubeSat Technology Development Activities.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Demonstration projects from early definition phase to the implementation phase and launch/operations phase, or CubeSat technology development activities.
- Maintain interfaces with the relevant CubeSat prime contractors/system integrators (industry/research institute) for the assigned projects.
- Maintain interfaces with the ESA technical specialists for reviews and ad hoc support.
- Follow up on technical issues arising on the CubeSat projects and participate in risk reduction activities.
- Coordination of CubeSat project reviews.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- The candidate should have knowledge of System Engineering through the complete lifecycle including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV, subsystem technologies/products.
- Expert knowledge of CubeSat projects through the complete lifecycle, including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV, subsystem technologies/products.
- Knowledge of/experience in the practical application of tailored engineering/quality standards to CubeSat projects would be an asset.
- Experience of system and mission design, including system design modelling tools and Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of System of Systems (SoS) architecting and related tools (such as System Architect, Focal Point, etc.) and frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF) would be an asset.
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering would an asset.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work independently in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.