An opportunity for an experienced Space Telecommunications Engineer to provide support to current and future projects.
To support the management of space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communication applications.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (e.g. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains
- Assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space based applications and their integration with terrestrial solutions to support the identified services and applications in an end-to-end context
- Implement activities with industry, operators, application providers and user communities addressed to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of space based assets
- Development and implementation of methodologies and tools for the assessment of end-to-end performance of multimedia applications
- Analysis and assessment of the business and regulatory aspects associated with the launch and commercial operations of satellite based applications and services
Qualifications / Experience
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Telecommunications or another relevant engineering discipline
- At least 2 years relevant industrial experience
- Significant experience in satellite and/or terrestrial systems requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience
- Sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites
- Some familiarity with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 23rd November 2018.
Location of the position is Harwell, UK.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application