An opportunity for an experienced Optical Performance Engineer to provide support onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA.
To support the Space Segment Performance Engineering activities within Earth Observation.
Responsibilities / Duties
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- The development, implementation and validation of (complex) performance models of optical space-borne instruments, in particular passive (spectrometers) instruments, dedicated to atmospheric missions
- The assessment of the instruments system performance as well as sub-systems contributing to the instruments performances
- The contribution to meetings within ESA, industry and potentially with users
- Reporting to the Instrument Manager. He/she will liaise with various members of the project team, being responsible for the various instrument subsystems and disciplines, e.g. optics, focal plane assembly, calibration. With regard to the mission performance assessment it is expected that the incumbent also liaises with the science support team, where adequate, to support both the mission related scientific studies and the instrument design evolution.
Qualifications / Experience
- MSc or equivalent in Physics or Engineering with background in Optical Engineering
- At least 4 years relevant industrial experience
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with computer programs such as Excel, MathCAD and MATLAB and/or Python
- Good communication skills
- Candidates shall demonstrate good familiarity with optical design and performance assessment software like Zemax, ASAP, FRED, with specific emphasis on straylight simulation aspects
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standard of document drafting
- Ability to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way
- Positive, “can-do” approach
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 29th November 2018
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Click Here To Apply With CV & Covering Letter
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application