An opportunity for a software engineer with experience in Artificial Intelligence Technologies to work onsite at ESTEC for Telespazio VEGA UK supporting software development work in D/TEC.
To provide support at the Software Technology Section in ESTEC for activities relating to Machine Learning applications, Autonomous applications, Model based system software engineering and Cybersecurity systems.
Responsibilities / Duties
The Software Engineer will join the Software Technology section (TEC-SWT). He/She will be assigned to support the preparation and executions of activities related to new technologies in both Ground and Flight areas of the Software Division.
The activities to support include:
- Machine Learning applications for data processing: image processing, anomaly detection, predictive maintenance, support to test, intrusion, threat and malware detection, etc.;
- Autonomous applications: autonomous planning of spacecrafts, e.g. automatic selection of observation targets, automatic rendez-vous with non-cooperative targets, automatic landing, vehicle systems management, etc.;
- End to end cybersecurity systems: Information security system requirements analysis, architecture, and design, protection against AI-enabled attacks and threat vectors;
- Knowledge representation and reasoning, Natural Language Processing: support to requirements engineering, support to spacecraft Assembly Integration Test and Validation;
- Verification and Validation of new technologies for their use in space systems.
- Model Based System Software Engineering: Ensuring the digital continuity starting from high-level system models down to automatic code generation.
- The support will be provided to both internal (R&D) and external (projects) activities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialisation.
- Good experience in the development of Software applications related to the specific tasks of the position.
- Results orientation and relationship management are considered important.
- The candidate should be familiar with modern software engineering practices and tools:
- Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence technologies is mandatory.
- Software practical experience, Object Oriented design methods, databases, compilers, Linux, Windows as well as several programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, R, Haskell, Java is mandatory.
- Knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. Matlab) and libraries (e.g. TensorFlow) is an important asset.
- Knowledge in (Model-Based) Software production, test processes and associated tools (e.g. Capella, Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect, On-Board Software Reference Architecture, TASTE) is an asset.
- Knowledge in software standards (space ECSS, aircrafts, train, automotive) is interesting.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present and effectively communicate quality system processes.
- Good organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
All roles within Telespazio VEGA have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing Date for applications is 15th April 2019
Location of the position is ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
To apply : Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV to email@example.com you give your consent for Telespazio VEGA to hold and process your personal information for the purpose of the application